|Litespeed rollout - shared servers
| Great news, we will shortly be implementing LiteSpeed on all our shared and reseller servers!
– Your site should be significantly faster
– Your web application(s) will continue to work
– There will be very little downtime
– It won't cost you any extra
WHAT IS LITESPEED?
LiteSpeed Web Server is the leading high-performance, high-scalability web server from LiteSpeed technologies.
LiteSpeed is significantly faster than Apache (LiteSpeed is a drop in replacement for Apache), as a result sites load faster and can handle more traffic.
WILL MY WEBSITE STILL WORK?
As mentioned, LiteSpeed is a drop in replacement for apache. Virtually all features that work with Apache will work with LiteSpeed.
The most notable exceptions are:
- Proyxing via "ProxyPassReverse" is no longer supported
- If you application relies on $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'] for server detection you'll need to check for LiteSpeed as well.
- If you use an older version of JShop you will need to note that Multiviews (https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/content-negotiation.html#multiviews) is no longer built in and you'll need to contact support for advice.
I'M NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
If the above exceptions do not mean anything, it is highly unlikely the change will cause any disruption. If you use Magento or WordPress you don't need to worry :)
We will be starting the process of moving servers to LiteSpeed on the 1st November. This will be done in stages and you will be notified when we are switching the server your shared or reseller account.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT LITESPEED?
https://www.litespeedtech.com and https://www.clook.net/?search=litespeed
|Updated by Chris Yates on 11th Oct 2018 @ 15:18pm